About the Cancer Association of Anderson
CAA, Anderson’s only local cancer charity, was founded in March 2003 by a group of cancer survivors, health care professionals and community leaders to improve the quality of life for cancer patients, survivors and their families living in Anderson County, S.C.
Our Services Include:
Up to $1,200 per year in financial assistance for treatment-related expenses, including:
- Travel to and from treatment (local and long distance)
- Prescription medication
- Specialized home health medical equipment
- Nutritional Supplements such as Equate, Boost, Ensure, Glycerna, etc.with doctor's order
- Free enrollment in CAA’s Well-Fit and exercise at Life Choice
- Medical insurance premiums assistance
- Free wigs, hats, breast prostheses and mastectomy bras, etc.
CAA also provides educational and Survivorship classes and referral to additional cancer-related resources for patients and their families as well as numerous support groups. If you hear of any Anderson County resident who is fighting cancer, please send them to us. We will do all we can to help them on their cancer journey!
Donate Items on our Wish List:
- Forever first-class letter postage stamps
- Gift cards to Office Depot and Walmart
- Gas Cards for Patient Transportation
- Bottled Water, Coffee, and/or tea bags
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C)
- USB thumb drives
- Nutrition Drinks: Equate, Boost, Ensure, Glycerna, etc.
- New doormats for the front and back doors
- Cash donations